Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online – with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it’s a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
- A family of 600+ employees across offices in London, Denver, Sydney and more
- A Fintech Top 20 company
- Sending almost 10,000,000 remittances annually (and growing)
- Raised $230 million in funding
- Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook
- Covering 140+ countries across the globe
We're looking for Senior Engineers to join our Payments team, to work with us to build and create the API's to allow the money transfers.
You’ll be working on:
- Evolveing, improving and replacing our existing systems.
- Improving our API platform.
- Continuously improving the code using TDD.
- Continuously measuring performance and improve the API
- Continuously improving our delivery pipeline.
Some things about you
- Significant experience in C# and .Net.
- Experience in, or happy to learn, other stacks.
- Experience working with the Open Source .Net ecosystem.
- TDD, XP and Agile practices, SOLID principles.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- HTTP APIs, Knowledge of REST and the Richardson Maturity Model.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Redis, MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Git, Teamcity/Jenkins/GoCD.
- Good knowledge of automating tasks with Powershell.