Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online – with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it’s a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
- A family of 600+ employees across offices in London, Denver, Sydney and more
- A Fintech Top 20 company
- Sending almost 10,000,000 remittances annually (and growing)
- Raised $230 million in funding
- Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook.
- Covering 140+ countries across the globe
What we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning
- take initiative when you spot an opportunity for improvement
- ask questions and use experience of those around you
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- write code so clean, fast and elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle
- comfortable mixing greenfield solutions with legacy code to evolve system
- advocate and a practitioner of TDD /BDD
You will have high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
What a typical week looks like?
- Develop new user-facing features used by millions of users
- Assess the impact of proposed changes to other process areas and systems and recommend alternative solution choices, determining trade-offs and impact analysis
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Maintaining high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
What tech will you be using?
- ReactJS, Redux and NodeJS
- JavaSript / HTML / CSS
- ASP.Net and MVC
- Styling and responsive design techniques, mobile first website development using technologies such as HTML5, LESS and SASS
- Automated JS testing using Karma, Jasmine, Qunit, Mocha, Chai
- Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Teamcity / OctopusDeploy / Jenkins)
- Versioning systems such Git / SVN
- TDD, XP and Agile practices
- SOLID principles
- Anything that can make our products better