As a DevOps Engineer, you will make the tooling and implementation for our infrastructure more flexible and powerful, so that we can deploy new features for our small-business customers rapidly and iteratively. You will have a healthy mix of working modes — sometimes embedded with developer teams on projects with significant infrastructure components, and sometimes working alone or with other DevOps engineers on larger infrastructure projects (like rebuilding our provisioner or improving our monitoring, logging, and alerting systems). You will also sometimes work on security-related projects (like PCI certification renewal, or improving logging and incident detection). And, there is always plenty of smaller ticket work to be done in our Kanban queue.
At Womply we deploy Infrastructure as Code, so while you definitely need to know your way around a Linux shell and the AWS Console, you need to be even more comfortable writing code and config files, and submitting and reviewing PRs as your main day-to-day activity. You also need to be comfortable troubleshooting real-world production issues under fire, and willing to participate in a weekly pager-duty rotation.
You Must have:
- BSCS or comparable experience and a MINIMUM of 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with puppet, or with a similarly mainstream configuration management system like chef or ansible.
- Strong coding skills in Ruby, Java, or Python
- Experience with Amazon AWS - EC2, ECS, ELB, IAM, RDS, S3 and other services.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and a strong sense of diplomacy in all interactions
- Ability to maintain good documentation with the understanding of its importance in your work
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup culture
Nice to have:
- A strong understanding of how to apply security models to infrastructure effectively
- Prior coding experience with all three programming languages (Ruby, Java, and Python)
- Experience with Terraform for AWS provisioning
- Experience with Cassandra or some other distributed data store
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or ECS
- Familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, AWS EMR
- Exposure and familiarity with the PCI DSS spec and how to implement it
- A good understanding of the systems engineering world
- Experience with performance tuning, particularly using APM tools
Come build something amazing at Womply:
Womply helps small businesses thrive in a digital world. Our software makes it easy for small businesses to boost their online reputations, engage their customers, and monitor the health of their businesses with data and technology they can’t get anywhere else. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the country, serving more than 100,000 small businesses across 400+ business verticals in every corner of America.