At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
Who you are:
We are looking for rockstar software developers to join our growing team. Through our critical growth stage it is important that you approach old problems with fresh ideas and recognize the benefits and flaws in our current mode of operation. Your role will be one of a few software engineers working to build the best tools and services to scale White Ops global detection organization. These services will help teams of hackers, data scientists and engineers make quick intelligent decisions to improve the decision making brain inside our products. The data is big, the adversaries are smart and the opportunity for innovation is beyond imagination.
- Have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
- Look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation, all by yourself.
- Are a smart creative and think you can solve any problem with software.
- Open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- A veteran software developer with numerous experiences and scars to prove it.
- Constantly drive for correctness and performance, in that order
- Have Linux development experience, and comfort in many modern languages.
- Experienced with high performance distributed architectures, big data as well as modern web applications and user experience.
- Like AWS.
- Possess a strong background in building security and breaking it, we are a security company after all.
- Are comfortable with agile development cycle, continuous integration, and modern DevOps.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •