Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
Vlocity, Inc. is establishing its cloud operations team. If you are excited about building something from ground up, make it highly scalable, available, performant and reliable, this opportunity if for you. We are looking for individuals who have experience with, but limited to the following:
- Being on call, resolving incidents, driving postmortems and improvements.
- Technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Postgres, Riak, Vault, AWS Native Services (S3, KMS, API Gateway)
- Passionate about automating and reducing toil.
- Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation.
- Understanding of security requirements necessary to operate in public cloud.
- Securing OSes using standards such as NIST, CIS, and rolling out patched images at a regular frequency.
- Be on call and drive incident resolution.
- Implement tools that are needed to run robust operations.
- Establish monitoring and logging, make the systems robust and meaningful.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and scaling.
- Enable self-healing of application to improve availability.
- Writing specs and drive technical solution’s implementation.
- Driving improvements in product working with product management and engineering.
- Work with security on defining and implementing security controls.
- Experience managing security for companies that leverage cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) with security commitments to customers and partners.
- 10+ years of running a highly available customer facing application.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, able to communicate concepts to both technical and nontechnical audience.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams while thriving in a fast-paced growing company.
- Strong program and project management skills and technology expertise
- A critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related technology field. Master’s Degree is preferred
- AWS Certifications