We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in the US. Today, we’re one of the fastest-growing vacation rental companies in the world—thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Software Engineering at Vacasa?
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. We’re constantly experimenting and fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, and scalability. Our favorite word is autonomy—we want everyone to have a voice.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced back-end software engineer to join our Core Services team. In this position, you’ll be working with a dedicated and progressive group of developers to build the underlying platform and data services that drive our business and enable our platform to scale massively. You’ll have the opportunity to help design and build greenfield systems, using modern cloud architectures, as we aggressively evolve into a services-based architecture. This position provides many opportunities for career growth and learning on a fun and quickly-growing team.
What you’ll do
- Build core platform and data services that will support our guest and owner experiences
- Build such services using modern cloud architectures in AWS
- Design RESTful APIs, event streams, and data models, and build them primarily using Python, Docker, Postgres, and various cloud-native services in AWS
- Help define conventions, standards, and best practices for the team
- Write and maintain robust unit tests
- Participate in code review with your peers
- Identify, troubleshoot, and respond to issues in development and operational environments
- Employ and encourage a positive and productive attitude
What you’ll need
- Over 5 years of experience in the industry writing in multiple programming languages such as Python, PHP or Java
- Great communication skills
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres)
- Experience writing automated test suites (unit, functional, and integration)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code and cloud-computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development processes
- Experience using Docker for both local development and production runtimes
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% covered
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture