Every day, thousands of businesses across more than 120 countries depend on Urban Airship to deliver billions of personalized, interactive notifications across all digital channels—mobile, web, SMS, digital wallet, email, and more. Our real-time platform offers rich data, advanced analytics, and predictive machine learning, enabling businesses to reach customers with thoughtful and impactful information and assistance.
- We have delivered over two trillion messages to users, doubling our volume in the past year.
- We process tens of billions of events every day, and our platform is unrivaled in speed and scale for real-time communications. We are incredibly proud of our team.
- Our product is used by many of the world’s most admired companies, including Adidas, Alaska Airlines, The Home Depot, NBCUniversal, Sky Plc, and Zillow.
- We have been named one of the coolest companies to work for in Portland for the last five years! We love passionate employees and have an employee-run Culture Club and Diversity Guild.
- We are a proud sponsor of the ACT-W Conference.
About the Position
We collaborate very closely with our Product Management and Program Management teams as well as our other engineering teams. We collectively strive to make the dashboard a joy to use for our customers, and our engineers have frequent and vital opportunities to help decide how to accomplish that goal.
In 2018 we completed a massive project to move our infrastructure from bare metal to Google Cloud Platform. We are still learning and planning how to take advantage of this evolving platform into the future. We would love to find people who are knowledgeable or curious (or both) about cloud computing and managed services.
We want to hire a great human who has the aptitude to be a great engineer. We hope that you can hit the ground running, but your particular engineering skill set at this moment is less important to us than your enthusiasm, drive, and ability to work well with others.
- You are smart and keep your head up in the face of a challenge.
- You are a quick study and enjoy learning new things.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for software development.
- You are a strong performer in both independent work and close collaboration.
- You aren't afraid to dive into complex codebases teeming with both the new and shiny as well as the ancient and mysterious.
- You diagnose and squash technical debt with glee.
- You like helping and working with others regardless of their technical prowess.
- Design experience
- Testing enthusiasm
- A healthy skepticism of frameworks
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Experience with RPC communication across diverse microservices
- A desire to find or build useful internal tooling