Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our EMEA team supporting our customers’ use of Twilio’s various products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s powerful communication API.
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to delight our customers! If you’ve got any of the below experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience in a client-facing, technical role.
- Ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem with a solid understanding of computer networking.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving Quality of Service issues.
- Experience working with team members across different geographic locations and time zones
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- You will help customers solve their technical challenges through tickets, phone calls, and chat conversations
- You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
The Technical Support team team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
You will be based in Twilio’s office in Tallinn, Estonia with the flexibility of working remotely from time to time. You will enjoy a lively office with a great team environment, beautiful space, and lots of snacks. We’ve also got great perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more.
You’ll experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.