Join Tubi, the industry-leading and fastest-growing streaming service that is revolutionizing the future TV! With over 8,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours from the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. Backed by leading VC firms, and working with partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space and providing access to millions of viewers.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help with the heavy duty data science projects that support various functions in the company. You will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Content, Growth, and Business/Executive teams. You will perform full function of role and responsibilities with very limited supervision.
What you'll be doing:
- Using the proper machine learning models, statistical models, or forecasting models to solve business problems
- Building dashboard to visualize and communicate your understanding of our users
- Working with engineers and product managers to set up A/B experiment and build experiment analysis pipeline
- Building data ETL to create tables that are easily used by less technical audiences, and overlooking data and reporting integrity
- Supporting Ad-hoc analysis and investigations
- Providing guidance/mentorship to junior team members
- Masters in a Quantitative Field, i.e. Statistics, Computers Science, Operations Research, etc.
- SQL, Python, Data Mining, Data Visualization, Statistical Analysis
- Solid understanding of Machine learning algorithms: Supervised learning algorithms, unsupervised learning algorithms, dimension reduction techniques.
- 6+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration skills
- Robust experience with a variety of tools and methodologies (programming languages, tools, statistical methods) used in the function and selecting the appropriate approach for the job
- PhD preferred
- Spark, Airflow, data ETL experiences, product analytics or growth analytics experiences in the tech industry
- Video streaming industry experience is a plus
- Help build the future of TV
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first, data-driven business
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue.
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Your choice of hardware
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.