We are seeking an Application Security Engineer who will focus on ensuring security and compliance of our software, web and mobile applications, and API's. This person will work closely with our Engineering, Technical Operations, Security, and Product teams to develop software requirements and follow best practices as we build, deploy, and maintain secure products.
- Serve as SME for software security
- Create and maintain software security documentation and requirements
- Coordinate security bug fixes and vulnerability remediation
- Develop automation for code analysis/inspection and continuous integration
- Conduct code and design reviews
- Participate in security evaluations of web applications, databases, cloud services/microservices, Mobile Applications (Android, iOS) and API's
- Respond to security incidents
- Maintain compliance for SOC, GDPR, ISO27001
- Complete any additional tasks that arise
- 5 Years experience working in the field of software security or software development
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Knowledge SSO and other authentication protocols (SAML, OAuth, OpenID, etc)
- Knowledge of security testing tools a plus (Burpsuite/ZAP, Nessus, Metasploit, etc)
- Experience maintaining secure applications in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Experience working in a compliance focused environment (HIPAA, SOC, ISO, NIST, GDPR)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.