Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders — so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
What you’ll be working on
You will be working as part of the Security and Security Operations teams. You will take ownership of security infrastructure and will be in the front line of defence responding to new threats - detecting, analysing and mitigating attacks and abuses. You will be improving and developing TransferWise security monitoring solutions. Together with Engineering and Infrastructure teams you will find new ways to keep our customers and TransferWise safe from malicious actors while staying invisible for good customers.
- Passionate about Cybersecurity and Information Protection;
- Either good in Windows and Powershell or in Linux and able to automate basic tasks;
- Java experience, back-end MVC frameworks to understand how our product works;
- Experience working within a production environment;
- Experience with data analysis - extracting information from large sets of data and finding patterns or abnormal activity.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to other Wisers.
- Are willing to travel, to work and learn with dev teams.
- Are willing to be on-call on a rotation basis and work at night if needed.
- Be excited to work in a high-growth company, and throw themselves fully into a revolution.
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with.
Nice to haves
- Experience in securing networks or OS hardening;
- Experience in VMware, AWS, Azure cloud security;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes security;
- Experience with Ansible;
- Experience with Python;
- Experience with TICK stack;
- Experience with ELK stack, rsyslog, logging in general;
- Experience with IDS, SIEM, vulnerability scanning solutions;
- Basic understanding of statistics and Machine Learning;
- Experience with microservice architecture;
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile development;
Apart from the all-expenses-paid company trips, stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups, a laptop and team lunches every Friday, you won’t get much in the way of extras. However, we will give you 25 days holiday a year (plus public holidays), a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our little revolution. Oh, and coffee, there’s plenty of coffee.
Not from the UK? - No stress, we will help you (and your family) to relocate from any part of the world!