Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our growing team in Budapest. The role is a unique opportunity to build robust, scalable, and error-free integrations with a variety of partners and providers across Europe, so our customers can send money across borders with minimal fuss and maximum confidence.
- Building world class tools to scale our internal operations and systems to help achieve our goal of nearly free international money transfers. Product growth also requires new tools for our customers so they can resolve typical payment problems without contacting us - not only helping us scale, but helping customers have a 10x better experience even for problematic transfers.
- The team follows Agile methodologies to approach and solve customers’ problems via development of impactful functions, automate processes and measure results. We are moving fast and sometimes break things, but we learn from mistakes without blame or drama.
- You'll travel often & work together with teams in Tallinn, Budapest, London, New York, Singapore, etc.
- For a sneak - peek into our Engineering culture, check: http://tech.transferwise.com/
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- We still cannot provide our services in Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Iceland, Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia. We are just getting started!
- On the other hand, understanding the difference between existing markets across the continent is a huge challenge. Providing a truly local experience is even harder. We constantly experiment and iterate extremely quickly, validating dozens of different hypothesis at the same time.
- We work across the whole product - starting from building banking integrations and ending with research on why our customers recommend us to their friends. Being involved in the product life cycle is a huge part of being part of our team.
- We participate in our mobile engineering efforts - still plenty of opportunities to work on our iOS and Android apps
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You have several years experience with Spring framework (SpringBoot especially) and database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You have experience working with MySQL databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You have high coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
- You are familiar with Docker
- You have experience with Zookeeper / Eureka
- You have hands on knowledge of system integration patterns - REST, messaging, Apache Kafka, event streams
A bit more about you:
- Product engineers only - Here at TransferWise we don’t hire coders, who pick up tickets from a backlog and push code to production without considering value and impact.
- 2+ years industry experience with an OO language preferably Java
- Hands on experience with relational databases, query optimisation
- Be familiar with Continuous Delivery approach
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Solid knowledge working in AWS environment
- Passionate about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- Ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans and implement solutions to them
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge/interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems
- UI experience || Groovy is a huge plus
- Be a customer of TransferWise
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.