We’re looking for a front-end engineer to join our growing team in Budapest. The role is a unique opportunity to change the way how our customers experience and interact with the speed of our transfers.
- Making sure our customers are always aware of how fast our transfers are
- Making our communication about speed clear and transparent
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’ll be passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You have experience with developing in a modern front end framework - AngularJS or React are preferred but others like Aurelia, Vue, Ember and/or Polymer are not a show stopper
- You have experience working closely with designers throughout the development process, iterating quickly on designs to achieve the best possible outcome
- You have strong attention to detail and desire to get the little details just right
- You are open, communicative, and fun to work with
- High degree of autonomy in planning your work while always staying flexible & open minded
- Passionate about technology
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Redux or Flux
- Some exposure to backend development with Java and Spring Boot
- Exposure to lean development and the MVP concept
- Be a customer of TransferWise
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.