Our hosted cloud-based platform combines enterprise communications such as voice, video, mobility, presence, collaboration, and messaging all on a hosted platform.
As a Database Engineer, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the platform services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions. Ideally you share our passion for system automation.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the management team, who has a proven track record of building successful companies in the SaaS and enterprise software space!
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Day to day management of distributed database nodes in a Cloud Environment
- Work with the Development teams to design and support our UC platform as a whole
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Document day-to-day activities in our ticketing system
- Documentation of designs and procedures
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Database Administration experience
- Hands on experience with Mongo, PostgreSQL and Cassandra preferred
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS
- Intermediate-level familiarity with configuration management tools such as chef
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has
- Excellent project and task management skills
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools such as chef
- Previous experience with Kafka, zookeeper and influx
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, splunk, CloudWatch)
- Previous experience with Aurora and RDS.
- General AWS experience preferred.