Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who see complex and difficult work as a challenge. We want to work with people who share interesting solutions to those challenges; solutions informed by your rare experiences, passions, and expertise.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to bring your individual approach to our collaborative process. You will need to, on any given day, code on your own, and work with others in and outside of your team. We believe our engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful Tapad engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly.
The Device Graph team face daily rare and engaging challenges delivering a leading solution from 30 Petabytes of data collected over the last 60 days. Applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques, the team works collaboratively with our Data Science team to make it all possible. The size and scale of our challenges demand our use of groundbreaking and open-source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, GCP (BigQuery, Data Proc, Data Flow) and we’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one. We want someone who is motivated to find large-scale solutions with us. Tapad employees work with big data in a small team, where every contribution matters.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, generous parental leave, and unlimited PTO. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free lunch every Wednesday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every single day. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies We Use:
- Scala, SBT
- Kafka, Zookeeper
- Hadoop, Scalding, Spark
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigQuery
- Contribute actively to Tapad’s production code base
- Work with the team to execute on the team’s mission
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Product Managers
- Adapt, grow, and deliver on an industry-leading data product
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or closely related degree
- 3+ years of hands-on experience
- Hands-on programming capabilities in Scala, Java, or other modern programming language (we will teach you Scala if this is not your primary language)
- Experience with large-scale data processing, caching, parallel processing, and complex event processing
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge and experience
- Emerging leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers and commanding their respect
- Functional programming is a huge plus
- Experience working in an Agile team/environment is highly desirable
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.