Small Teams; Big Data
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to bring their individual approach to our collaborative process. We need a person who can, on any given day, code on their own, provide technical leadership over major projects, and work with others in and outside of their team. We believe our Senior Engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss.
A successful Tapad engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly. We face daily unique and engaging challenges while processing over 30 Petabytes in a 60 day time frame—that’s over one trillion data points. The size and scale of our challenges demand our use of cutting edge technologies like Spark, Google Cloud, BigQuery, Machine Learning and we’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one. We want someone who is motivated to find large scale solutions with us. Tapad employees work with big data in a small team, where every contribution matters.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, generous parental leave, and unlimited PTO. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free lunch every Wednesday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every day. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
Technologies We Use:
- Scala, SBT
- Scalding, Spark
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigTable, BigQuery
- Serve as a Senior member of the team by contributing to the architecture, design and implementation
- Mentor more junior engineers and enable their growth
- Lead and drive technical projects and provide leadership in a creative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Collaborate across teams to ensure we’re building the best products
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or closely related degree.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Hands on programming capabilities in Scala, Java, or other modern programming language
- Experience with large-data processing, caching, parallel processing, and complex event processing.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge and experience
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers and gaining their respect.
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.