Small Teams; Big Data
At Tapad, we look for individuals who see complex and difficult work as a challenge. We want to work with people who share interesting solutions to those challenges; solutions informed by their rare experiences, passions, and expertise.
Tapad is looking for a deeply smart and capable Senior Data Scientist to join our small but growing team. We offer a data-rich context for Data Scientists to apply classical statistical and more advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to build models that are directed towards being productionalized. You are passionate about big data and eager to apply a variety of data science skills including, statistical modeling, machine learning and data management techniques to real-world problems. We are a small, hardworking team of pragmatic, productive data scientists who have built a culture of transparency and accountability which minimizes bureaucracy and meetings and maximizes developer freedom, autonomy and creative development time. We are looking for Data Scientists who are driven, creative and innovative thinkers.
When you work with us, you matter. We ask our employees to make an impact, and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. We offer every employee a 401k with matching, generous parental leave, and unlimited PTO. We believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. We have free lunch every Wednesday, free bagels every Friday, and a free and open hierarchy every day. We hire slow and smart, making sure our office is full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another.
- Design experiments and create case studies to apply the findings in to production code.
- Employ predictive modeling, data mining, graph algorithms and other data science techniques to your project with the end goal of increasing our platform’s ability to drive customer value while sustaining healthy margins.
- Model train and improve our machine learning algorithms for audience discovery and apply bid optimization strategies for real-time-bidding.
- PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Quantitative Science
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Scientist especially in applying Machine Learning techniques, advanced analytics and statistical modeling.
- Strong background in foundational mathematics such as statistics, probability and linear algebra.
- Experience manipulating large data sets, using SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
- Understanding of programming concepts and experience with programming languages, such as Python, MATLAB, R, Java, Scala or C++.
Tapad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.