Imagine a world dedicated to Security Without Compromise. Synack, headquartered in Silicon Valley with regional offices around the world, has protected over 100 global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise. At Synack, we aren’t afraid to think outside the box or take on big challenges. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
The Director of Web Engineering, is a unique opportunity to play a central role in defining and driving the products and technology that powers success at Synack. We are looking for a hands-on, curious engineering leader who wants to keep their technical skills sharp, and apply their passion and smarts to manage the dynamics of a fast-paced, high quality environment. Sound interesting? Keep reading...
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product management and design teams to build products that solve important cyber security problems
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of our products
- Hire and retain a team of high-performing engineers and managers
- Be a combination of a technical hands-on software engineer and a leader who has the natural ability to influence, guide and inspire those around you
- Represent the Web team by participating in active engineering end-to-end architecture and scoping discussions
- Stretch the technical edge of the team’s skill sets and cultivate a challenging, exciting and results-driven engineering culture
- Must be hands-on coding with the team up to 50% of the time
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Track record of success leading a technical team that delivered projects timely and of high quality
- Confidence in building applications using React.js, Ruby on Rails, Go and other such technologies
- Strong personal drive to want to be a great leader, coach and teammate
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Highly effective communication skills
It’s all hands on deck, it’s hard work, it’s winning, it’s Synack. Join us!
Synack is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.