At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
About the Team
Our team is made up of key engineers who built and scaled organizations like Google, Netflix, eBay, and LivingSocial. We build modern software with modern techniques like Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. Cross-functional partnership is deeply meaningful to us and is how we’ve built up immense trust with the people running the business. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
About the Role
As a Security Automation Engineer you will work directly with development teams to provide relevant tooling to promote Code Quality with the reduction in complexity and vulnerabilities via static analysis. You will define styles/standards for various function within the codebase and ensure the tooling will enforce these styles/standard. This position will grow into the application security field focusing on deployment and development of additional tools to correlate findings with the ultimate goal of clearing any verified security vulnerabilities. Members of the Security team participate in an on-call rotation with their teammates to support the systems they build.
You're excited about this opportunity because…
- you will build our integration of Code Climate into the various (200+) code bases.
- you will work with the development teams to develop style guides as well as review processes using deployed systems.
- you will build additional tooling to integrate into the CI/CD process to verify the security findings
- you will grow your own development to be able to remediate any security findings.
- you will be challenged to build additional tools/systems to be integrated into the CI/CD process
We’re excited about you because…
- you build great relationships with your cross-functional partners.
- you have experience with CI/CD, integrations and Code Quality/Code Review tools including; Jenkins/CircleCI, Code Climate/Codacy/Codebeat
- you will love API and automation; and will have the experience to “glue” them together
- you have some knowledge of AWS Cloud Services or Google Cloud Platform and won't be afraid to build additional tooling
- you have the ability to figure out where developer’s pain points are and to come up with solutions.
- you have experience with software development and have used relevant frameworks i.e Ruby/Rails, Python/Django,etc..
- you are used to working remotely or with a remote team.
- you have an understanding of software testing, methodologies and frameworks and willing to expand into software security testing.
- you are willing to grow out of their current boundaries and grow into other areas such as AppSec or DevOPs.
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. We’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a refined and deeply personalized shopping experience. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity; and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute! We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.