At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to help our generation build wealth. We started with Super and we recently launched Voyager - an investment app designed to make investing accessible. But we’re just getting started.
We are on the cusp of shaking up an industry by putting the customer first. We have the investor backing and product roadmap to realise our ambition, but we need the people to make it happen - especially when it comes to engineering.
While growth is a key focus, we aren’t hiring for the sake of it - the team’s engineering standard is high, and to build world-class investment products, we are dedicated to recruiting the best.
In summary: this represents an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to join a highly capable technical team in a growing startup that has proven itself at every step of the journey to date.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer at Spaceship, you will be part of a collaborative team environment where each engineer influences the technical and architectural direction. Our stack is modern - Go in the backend; React in the frontend - all running in a containerised microservice architecture.
Working on the backend, you will:
- Have an impact on the technical direction of the system
- Shape what the future of investment looks like as code
- Solve problems in an interesting and unique domain, that previously existed only in spreadsheets
- Work on an extremely modern stack comprised of the newest technologies, no .NET or PHP in sight
- Gain exposure to the inner workings of finance
So if you are excited by the prospect of building products that are unique to the market, while shipping code on a daily basis, we would love to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
Our preference is to hire mid-senior engineers, though we have space for exceptional engineers of different levels of seniority, as the team is scaling quickly.
As you’d expect, it’s beneficial to have experience in the technologies we are using, but we also know that the best people learn quickly. So if you’re an awesome engineer with a different profile - we are still interested.
That being said, our ideal wishlist is:
- 3+ years experience as a backend software engineer
- Proficiency in Golang, SQL, Microservices
- Experience in financial services
- A startup mentality
What are the perks and benefits?
- Very competitive salary + meaningful equity options (in one of Australia’s fastest growing financial services startups)
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement fund
- Brand new hardware with all the necessary accessories
- Continuous learning and training - we encourage you to grow with the company
Who are we?
We live in a different world to our parents and it’s much harder for our generation to build wealth and get ahead. That’s why we’re building a set of products and tools to help navigate wealth creation.
You'll be joining a team of smart and passionate people aligned in purpose. We've grown from 6 to 40 people in just 12 months and we're backed by some of the most notable investors in the world, including NEA, Sequoia, Horizons Ventures and Valar Ventures.
You'll have an awesome computer setup, participate in our share program, and take part in our team events. To top that off, we’ve got a killer location in the heart of Sydney - right above the Apple Store.
Spaceship: invest where the world is going, not where it’s been.