Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Release Engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of the Engineering team, you will assist the control center by helping make critical decisions that impact millions of Snapchatters around the world. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with Engineering, Design, Customer Operations, Communications, and Leadership teams to create and drive release process improvements that rapidly deliver reliable, high quality software to our customers.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of the internal and production app release process
- Lead operations for Production iOS and Android releases on a rotational basis
- Communicate all key release milestones, requirements, and changes to the organization
- Manage cross-functional relationships and ensure there is healthy communication among Engineering, QA, Design, and Release teams
- Write operational runbooks and documentation to support the Release team as needed
- Research new technologies and release management methodologies for application in internal tooling improvements
- Assess risk factors continuously to our Production users and actively drive mitigation strategies
- Manage risk and mitigate issues that could affect release reliability and stability
- Conduct release readiness reviews and go/no-go meetings as required
- Investigate, escalate and drive solutions for emergent or complex technical issues
- Provide contextual judgement and use data to drive decisions
- Provide after-hours support as necessary
- Monitor and provide regular status reports to leadership and the organization
- Measure, monitor, and report on key release metrics weekly and ad-hoc as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related technical field
- 5+ years in a technical capacity with 2+ years in release management or TPM capacity
- Experience managing mobile application releases and a deep understanding of release management principles
- Experience working cross-functionally with globally distributed teams that have differing business priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and convey messages to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and experience utilizing tools to visualize trends and key metric monitoring
- Experience making critical decisions for complex technical issues in real time, considering timelines and urgency
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Fastlane, CircleCi or equivalent tools
- Experience working with App Store Connect and Google Dev Console
- Experience enabling change in a high velocity environment
- Experience with HockeyApp or another app distribution tool
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.