The Core IT team is looking to hire a strong endpoint engineer with an accomplished background in client systems automation, administration, and management. The Client Platform Engineer will design, implement, and carry out endpoint compliance in our globally distributed and diverse environment. You will have experience as both a technical engineer and architect of endpoint management services. Slack counts on our team to provide availability, scalability and security on our portfolio of offerings.
- Manage and administer a mixed platform environment (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android).
- Maintain and implement client configuration and security compliance standards.
- Maintain the day to day operations of our MDM/EMM solutions including application deployment and settings distribution.
- Develop and manage client administration tools/processes.
- Streamline, implement, and iterate on imaging solutions across Operating System platforms.
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management.
- Administer client system management tools (i.e. Chef, Patching, Encryption, & Backup).
- Write scripts / cookbooks that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools.
- Identify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring proven skills when working with production systems.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to design and iterate on our endpoint management solutions and strategies.
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- Experience deploying and supporting endpoints in a mixed enterprise environment (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android).
- Experience working with version controlled configuration management tools.
- Experience working with open source products such as Munki, Reposado, Restor, IPXE, and Chef in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with scripting in Bash, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, Go, etc.
- Ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- Ability to balance contending priorities and work alone or within a team equally well.
- Reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid communication skills and a natural drive to want to solve people's problems.