Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have built an engineering culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. Our engineers work in autonomous squads where they can create their own backlog, ship code whenever they want and don’t have dependencies in order to deliver to the traveller. Our engine uses global scale services, big data and machine learning to assemble, normalise and make sense of real time information from our thousands of partners. Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 70 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive. Our engineering principles are:
- We have a clear definition of success for every piece of work.
- We ship multiple times a day and deliver customer value week in, week out.
- We use design reviews to validate every significant change.
- We deliver our products using our defined technology standards.
- We peer review every change.
- Our Definitions of Done include being live in production… responsibly.
- You build it, you run it.
Most importantly, these are organic beliefs. We iterate. We learn. We grow. And our principles adapt with us
We’re building some really great tooling, with deploy pipelines out of the box to get moving quickly and exploring server side/hybrid rendering strategies for our iOS and Android apps as well as looking at ReactNative.
If you enjoy a range of technical challenges across app development where we are building and shipping features from the ground up, then this could be the role for you. Product teams working on mobile apps also do data analysis, design systems and release services which all adds up to a mobile experience.
What you can expect as a senior mobile engineer
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area
- You will define and implement services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
- Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles
- An opportunity to influence the engineers around you
What we are looking for
- Previous job experience as a software engineer
- Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment
- Proven competencies in developing, releasing and maintaining native apps
- Use of agile/lean methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement
- Comfortable balancing trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs
- Strong customer focus and appreciation of what makes good product, UX and design
- You make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring
- You will work with or lead your team to break down solutions into small tasks to be completed autonomously
- We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies but would anticipate experience with some, combined with a curiosity for others- Objective-C, Java, Swift, Fastlane, Gradle, Microservices, Docker, Drone, AWS, SQL, Python, Elasticsearch
- It would be useful to have experience in large scale systems deployed to AWS
What else can we offer you……
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks such as barista coffee, fizzy & fresh drinks, snacks and fresh fruit and we can help with ‘down-time’ in the office that includes table tennis, pool table, foosball, xbox, office scooters, and massage chairs. We give you the chance to be an owner and grant options in Skyscanner, and we also provide for your health with medical insurance, health screening options, gym membership, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones. Then it gets really interesting, and you can buy more holiday, donate to a good cause, take part in 2 hack days per year, and 1 charity day, work from your home country for up to 3 weeks, spend up to 30 days working from another of our offices globally. And, you have the option to take part in Skyscanner extended annual leave which is an additional 3 weeks’ break (unpaid) after 3 years’ service or take 5 weeks’ break (paid) after 5 years’ service.
What you will get in Budapest
Our modern, yet unique, 5 story Budapest office couldn’t be more central and has stunning views of the city. Our growing Budapest team has been thriving for the past few years following Skyscanner’s Acquisition of mobile app and design specialists Distinction. With a focus on innovation and user experience it’s the home to product engineering and mobile teams and with the space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach over 70 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.