About this role
Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our error monitoring platform helps tens of thousands of software teams discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so you can spend less time debugging and more time doing what you love: building software.
We're looking for bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, not-yet-jaded engineers to join our team and teach our engineers how to be kewl. Okay, Okay, in all seriousness, we are looking for engineers who are excited about jumping right out of school and right into impacting an expansive (and expanding) user base. If you want to build something that makes life for you and your fellow developers easier with, all while writing open source code, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
You'll love this job if:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You value mentorship and being able to work closely with and learn from world-class engineers
- You want to contribute to open source full-time
- You are looking for a supportive, inclusive, and diverse team that celebrates your individuality
As a member of the engineering team at Sentry, you'll become an integral team member on our Applications team or Infrastructure team:
- Our Applications team is a cross-functional group of software engineers and designers that are responsible for the end-user operation of Sentry, building the user interfaces that almost 1 million software developers see and touch, and contributing to the APIs and server logic that power those interactions.
- Our Infrastructure team helps scale Sentry to support our fast-growing user base, and assist in making important back-end technology and implementation decisions. We have a few teams that help us do this. Our R&D team owns the end-to-end event lifecycle, from event capture to event ingestion and processing, and event storage and querying. Our engineering operations team keeps our services up and helps engineers with infrastructure needs, while the business operations team creates tools to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Examples of projects our Applications team has worked on:
- Augmenting error reports with Git commit data
- Workflow improvements to resolution and silence
- Keep an eye on new code with deploys
- Sentry 9: Taking resolution from five hours to five minutes
Examples of projects our Infrastructure team has worked on:
- Integrating Sentry with commit metadata pulled from GitHub
- Improving source map processing performance with Rust
- Using a local Haproxy cache to mitigate S3 downtime
Learn more on our blog, Instagram, and careers page!
- Graduating in 2019 with an Undergraduate, Master's, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with one or more internships/co-ops, writing or shipping software
- Passion for developer tools or open source
- Willing to relocate to SF upon graduation (we'll help get you here!)
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.