As a Front End Engineer in Multichannel Display Ads, you will be responsible for building the next generation product experiences in one of the fastest growing areas at SendGrid. As a senior front end engineer on our Ads team, you will utilize React and other modern JS/CSS libraries to create an intuitive product that allows our customer to create, manage and publish their ads campaigns. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to shape architectural solutions working the the latest AWS managed services and Cloud solutions.
Our Redwood City office is home to our CEO, CPO and a rapidly growing team focused on product innovation and architectures at scale. We are looking for a candidate with solid experience in distributed UX/UI systems, and practical applications in Multichannel Display Ads industry.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work in a creative and highly collaborative environment with Product, UI/UX teams to build the next generation of SendGrid products
- Create highly functional yet polished user interfaces with responsive design elements
- Develop and maintain secure, high performance web applications, often from scratch, that can fit into the SendGrid architecture
- Architect solid Front End solutions that integrate with multiple APIs and backend systems
- Implement scalable solutions utilizing caching, pagination, loading data on demand, and other techniques to manage massive, yet accessible, data sets
- Define best practices for Front End engineering, including participating in iterative design cycles and code reviews; Lead SendGrid Engineering processes
- Evaluate and analyze new technology and software for feasibility, impact, and viability
- Lead team initiatives and implementations from conception to completion, and be the point of contact for larger systems and components
- Work with other teams to troubleshoot and determine resolution for complex issues
- Recommend and champion improvements to our software and product development process
- Have a high impact on your team and on other Engineering teams
- Represent SendGrid at community events
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship
- Build relationships across all functional domains within the department
- Be responsible for documentation of projects you work on
- Discern and identify hidden requirements during design and implementation
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Typically, 3-5 years of software development experiences with a focus on user interfaces
- Strong sense of aesthetics and user experience
- Working knowledge of AJAX and Dom Manipulation
- Solid understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON and how they play a part in application design
- Familiarity with browser compatibility issues and comfortable in debugging browser problems
- Passion for building large web applications at scale
- Experience with TDD
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in multiple functional domains (frontend, backend, operations, etc.)
- Ability to design complex components and large scale systems
- Ability to translate architecture vision into concrete system designs
- Aligns actions and personal development with longer-term department goals, and can help define a vision of what may be possible
- Able to lead design meetings and Agile ceremonies
- Emotionally Intelligent - Recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use this to guide thinking and behavior
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
- Experience with ReactJS a strong plus
- Backbone (Ampersand), Angular, or Ember a plus
- LESS, SASS - CSS pre-processing
- Jasmine, Karma unit testing framework