We’re looking for an experienced, creative engineer to build and scale our financial systems. You will play a key role in building a data management platform that accurately records, controls, and transforms financial data for posting to our financial systems, as well as a variety of other tools to enable our finance and accounting teams to effectively do their jobs.
Our applications are built in the microservice architectural style and we strive to use the best language for the task at hand. Your work will help bridge the gaps between these services and will integrate financial data from our various enterprise and consumer facing product offerings into a single system-of-record. As we expand our customer base into new markets the volume of transactions that we process will continue to grow immensely. Consistent, automated and auditable handling of this data will be paramount. You will take an ownership role in executing on this vision.
What you'll be doing
You’ll have the resources and support of the larger SeatGeek Product team, but will be specialized with a focus on building and scaling our internal financial systems. This includes:
- Working with various engineering teams to understand source data composition and structures
- Partnering with our Business Systems team to design and deliver software that meets the needs of our rapidly scaling business by applying creativity and technical rigor to building a best-in-class financial systems architecture
- Delivering clean and efficient solutions which eliminate operational risks and manual procedures
- You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious: We use Python (Flask and Tornado), Go, C#, MySql, AWS, React, etc.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience building, testing, and maintaining software in a complex business environment
- Experience building custom financial or accounting systems is a plus
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines is a plus
- Knowledge of a broad range of development languages and platforms, with a special emphasis on relational databases
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Commitment to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and learning from others