Senior Software Development Engineer, Fraud Prevention
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. We've helped our customers send nearly $4 billion globally and we're just getting started.
We’re looking for an experience software engineer to help us build the next generation of our fraud prevention systems. In this role, you’ll work on high impact initiatives across a variety of technologies with a focus on scalability and customer experience.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- You’ll be part of an early-stage team of experienced developers
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure
- Our team is resourced and focused on identifying and building new systems from the ground up to address fraud risk, which is a core part of Remitly’s strategy
- We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen
Some examples of things you’ll work on:
- Build and adapt network analysis systems to find bad actors with related accounts
- Machine-learning infrastructure used to train and deploy models
- Specialized data stores for low latency feature generation
- Building high availability event pipelines for real-time fraud analysis
- Investigation tools used by our global workforce to review transactions
What do we need from you?
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Strong desire to develop your skills in software development best practices, system design, software design patterns, algorithms and building great customer experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-verify Employer