Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 700,000 artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over 100 million since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
If you have stumbled upon this posting or someone helped you find your way (you’re welcome), then you just might be a numbers person. Not those superficial numbers. You know, like how many cups of Duke’s coffee our typical analyst drinks each day (1.8465). You like the really good stuff: the thousands of rows of data needed to solve really complex problems. Well this is where you come in. Our Melbourne team seeks an experienced Data Analyst -- a subject matter expert -- who is excited by data analysis, transformation and visualisation within the Finance department. You will be supporting all reporting and data modelling requirements including trading and operational metrics, forecasting and planning models as well as providing support for complex data driven tax requirements or new or existing system implementations.
The impact you will drive…
- Guarantee completeness check and data validation of financial data from transactional database, to finance schema, to Netsuite, to our BI and other reporting tools
- Improve existing data structures and tools to datamine/ analyse the data (networking with our website Engineering team)
- Create / design new data schema to enable appropriate and accurate accounting procedures (ie around tax obligations or improved revenue recognition)
- Work with various elements within Finance to create improved operational and trading insights
- Maintain the new Finance BI tool (‘BOARD’) including building new cubes (linking new data sources), championing and releasing the functionality within and teaching users how to self serve from the tool
You stand out because you’ve acquired…
- Advanced SQL skill set for analytical purposes (ability to understand performance implications of working with datasets at scale) and the use of technologies such as Google BigQuery, Python, Periscope or other SQL variant
- Ability to reason about data structures and can design new data schema
- Strong working knowledge of BI tools, (ideally BOARD) with the ability to connect, collect, validate, analyse, interpret and communicate complex datasets.
- Strong understanding of financial theory or solid experience in general financial principles, preferably with an in-depth knowledge of accounting systems
- Advanced MS Excel/Google sheets modeling skills, with a talent for interpreting data, performing analysis and communicating findings
- Experience working in e-commerce or online consumer led, high volume industries
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family…
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose by doing the biggest job you’ve ever done for a mission you believe in
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, flexible work arrangements and parental leave programs that provide you the balance you deserve
- Ergonomic work environments and kitchens stocked with nourishing options to keep you healthy and happy
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and substantial recruiting referral incentives
- Through living out our shared values you will be granted the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment
We take our values pretty seriously and work hard to build open minded, open hearted teams. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background. Bringing more creativity into the world? It takes all the crayons in the box. Differences that help us create a healthy work culture and more engaging marketplace for our artists and customers. If this sounds inspiring (thinker emoji goes here), we’re excited to hear from you.