Redapt is looking to hire a Senior DevOps engineer who has rich experience in cloud technologies in varied environments, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
If you are passionate about everything cloud, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, we should talk.
The Senior Cloud Devops Engineer will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. Successful candidates will have an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions. They will have worked in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Or AWS environments leveraging services beyond basic IaaS provisioning.
In this role, here is a sample of what you can contribute:
- Implement infrastructure as code for various cloud platforms, from planned architectures
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) using tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, or Chef
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
- Implement Continuous Delivery solutions and helping customers automate various stages of their deployments and testing processes
- Understand containers and how they fit into professional development cycles as build artifacts
- Have general cloud ops knowledge with at least one provider, private or public, such as attached volume lifecycle, auto scaling, cloud-config, security, instance lifecycle, etc.
- Aid customers in addressing challenges due to lack of modern DevOps practices, help to recommend DevOps solutions in line with the customer’s goals
- Work with various source control technologies, including their connection to processes/pipelines
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BS or MS in computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Experience in Cloud services beyond basic IaaS functionality
- Engineering experience in building production infrastructure using code and repeatable designs
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as Azure, GCP,, AWS
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, System Center
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience developing automation for Terraform or infrastructure provisioning tools
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
- Experience in contributing to Open Source projects and representing specific needs to distributed development community