SENIOR SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (VMWare)
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect, with excellent VMware capabilities, to launch a new practice area for us. The Senior Solutions Architect will work closely with customers to evangelize the adoption of the recently launched PKS (PIvotal Container Service) in virtual environments. PKS is cutting-edge enterprise-grade Kubernetes. It enables the reliable deployment and running of containerized workloads across public and private clouds.
The Senior Solutions Architect will act as an evangelist - educating customers and implementing solutions across varied verticals. The ideal person will be intellectually curious, passionate about virtualization and comfortable working with customers. They will enjoy checking out new technologies, learning them quickly and passionately advocating their adoption.
We do not expect you to come with PKS capabilities. We will help you get there.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to take their VMware expertise to the next level and become an agent of enterprise transformation.
Required Skills and Experiences
- At least 7 years of industry experience
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- 5+ years’ experience with VMware administration/architecture
- Strong experience with vSphere / ESXi / ESX, vRealize automation
- 3+ years’ experience with a public cloud
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Experience working closely with customers
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree (computer science, engineering, MIS, CIS) or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Broad understanding of container technologies, such as Docker, Swarm, Mesos
- Experience with NSX software defined networking
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps automation (infrastructure as code)
- Familiarity with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or Elastic Beanstalk
- Knowledge of automation tools like BOSH, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible or similar technologies