We’re Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, that connects consumers to buy discount gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. We’re partnered with over 400 national brands, offering retailers a new form of digital payment, while incentivizing consumers to make their money worth more.
Since our launch in 2013, we’ve saved millions of consumers more than $140 million! and have received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York
About the Position
Raise is looking for an IT/Network Engineer Lead to join our Infrastructure team. In this position you will work both as an individual contributor (90% of the time) and as a project manager (10% of the time) to help grow our business by supporting our operations and engineering teams. The ideal candidate has a diverse hands-on technical background in system administration and network engineering, doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves to help keep us moving forward, and has a passion for security.
- Monitor new technology trends and best practices to enhance existing infrastructure and increase reliability or efficiency of existing systems.
- Ensure reliability of technology as well as timely and accurate response to internal technology requests.
- Develop, document and implement processes and procedures to improve daily flow of tasks or general infrastructure management
- Design, implement and maintain all network infrastructure and connectivity for our offices and remote data centers.
- Work cross-functionally with Security and Engineering to proactively improve performance and security across network segments.
- Be a great team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to quickly prioritize various projects, tickets, and incidents in a fast-moving organization.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of our other systems infrastructure and provide support, as needed.
- Oversee management of vendor relationships, negotiating contracts as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience managing network infrastructure with multiple locations (startup or rapidly growing organizations a plus.)
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience managing Windows and Linux services such as Active Directory, RADIUS, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, PKI, IPSec VPNs, and other core networking services
- Expert understanding of networking fundamentals and advanced routing protocols, such as BGP & OSPF and L2/L3 switching
- Familiarity with VoIP technologies and support across the office (Experience with Shoretel is a plus)
- Deep understanding of telephony systems and their implementations
- Understanding of virtualization technologies and basic linux / unix shell scripting (VMWare is a plus)
- Experience automating routine tasks using Python or similar language
- Experience with Cisco Meraki-based networking solutions
- Hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls and next-generation security platforms
- Ability to take abstract ideas and turn them into end-to-end technical solutions with proper supporting documentation
- Strong sense of ownership when it comes to uptime and stability of infrastructure
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
- Experience in a fast-paced technology company preferred
- Must have a passion for technology and a willingness to learn all aspects of enterprise IT
- A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Information Management, or relevant field
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match that is 100% vested from day one, company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Raise Gives Back, paid time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Credits for employees
- Company provided snacks, coffee and soda
- Voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance and Identity Protection
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
All candidates subject to credit and background checks at the time of offer