Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Budapest
We’re looking for someone who would be excited about making an effortless development experience for our engineers and who is passionate about writing robust software that would support our expanding platform. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a growing start-up, building things millions of people will see every day. You will experiment with and experience new technologies and work with a group of people from whom you can learn and keep pushing initiatives forward. This position is located in our Budapest office.
You should be excited about:
- Joining a team that leverages the efficiency of the other teams;
- Working in a small and agile team;
- New technology and design;
- Working in a challenging, fast paced and always changing environment.
Challenges you will be working on:
- Guide and define best practices in building resilient microservice architecture which scales and lets us build complex systems out of small bounded components;
- Run everything in the cloud (AWS), rethinking the assumptions that no longer hold in our current architecture;
- Multi-platform unit, integration, and acceptance testing pipeline and infrastructure;
- Local development and pre-production environments for a service-oriented backend product composed of over 90 services;
- Pro-actively enhancing our web platform by spotting and raising awareness on mid- to long-term backend architectural issues;
- Evaluation of new technologies, planning and execution of migration projects (e.g. container orchestration).
- 6+ years experience in developing web applications and web services (e.g. Python/Django);
- Good understanding of the AWS stack;
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, TCP);
- Knows Linux inside-out.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – equivalent work experience is acceptable;
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development and some experience in technological leadership;
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends;
- Ability and willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily;
- Passion for clean, maintainable code;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Great communication skills in English.
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Chef);
- Practical knowledge of Docker;
- Practical knowledge with container orchestration (Kubernetes experience would be a huge plus);
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend applications;
- Passion for developer-centric interface design in developer tools.