Prezi is the zooming presentation software that uses an open canvas instead of traditional slides to help people explore ideas, collaborate more effectively, and create visually dynamic presentations. Founded in 2009, and with offices in San Francisco and Budapest, Prezi provides its users a visually engaging, personalized, way to express their ideas anytime, anywhere.
The company’s vision extends well beyond authoring software alone into becoming the inspiration and enabler of world-changing ideas for people, organizations, and businesses. Prezi has enjoyed explosive growth and developed a rapid following of passionate users. More than 85 million people from over 190 countries use Prezi from their desktops, browsers and mobile devices. Prezi is rapidly adding new users each month, and more than 1 Prezi is created every second. The company has over 300 employees and is backed by premier investors, including Accel Partners, Sunstone Capital (based in Copenhagen), and TED.
You should be excited about:
- Joining a team that focuses on the growth of the whole product
- Working in a small, cross-functional team with other engineers, designers, data analysts, marketing, product managers.
- Creating customer-facing applications
- New technology and design
- Working in a challenging, fast-paced and always changing environment
- Working with big data
Challenges you will be working on:
- Participate in building a microservice architecture which scales, routes around failure and lets us build complex systems out of small components as well as maintain existing web applications.
- Run everything into the cloud (AWS).
- Rethink the assumptions that no longer hold in our current architecture.
- Learn a lot about how a payments system works and it’s unique challenges.
- Open source some of the awesome things we’re working on.
- Develop and maintain existing backend services (mostly written in Python) to ensure they are efficient, reliable and secure enough for our many million users.
- Developing high fidelity functional prototypes to validate growth initiatives
- Pro-actively enhancing our web platform
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc.)
- Knowledge of web standards and modern browsers (HTML5, CSS)
- Passion for clean, maintainable code
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend applications
- Passion for user-centric interface design
- Experience with 3rd party integrations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – equivalent work experience is acceptable
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
- Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Great communication skills in English