We're looking for a developer interested in writing and running the mission-critical payments-related services of Prezi and building forward-thinking web experiences and interactions for our users.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a growing start-up, building things millions of people will see every day. You will experience and experiment with new technologies and work with a group of people from who you can learn and keep pushing things forward. This position is located in our Budapest office.
You should be excited about:
- Joining a team that focuses on the growth of the whole product.
- Working in a small, cross-functional team with other engineers, and work closely with designers, data analysts, marketing specialists, sales and support professionals, product managers.
- Creating customer-facing applications.
- New technology and design.
- Learning backend and frontend technologies as well.
- Working in a challenging, fast-paced and always changing environment.
Challenges you will be working on:
- Participate in building a microservice architecture which scales, routes around failure and lets us build complex systems out of small components as well as maintain existing web applications.
- Continuously improve our architecture.
- Learn a lot about how a payments system works and it’s unique challenges.
- Develop and maintain existing backend services (mostly written in Python) to ensure they are efficient, reliable and secure.
- Developing high fidelity functional prototypes to validate growth initiatives.
- Pro-actively enhancing our web platform and underlying infrastructure.
- Take part in the whole software development lifecycle in an agile environment.
- 4+ years experience in developing web applications and web services.
- Solid knowledge in Python or any other similar scripting language.
- Solid understanding of backend web service APIs(Restful) and the full web technology stack, so you have a stable and broad knowledge in web application development.
- Passion for clean, maintainable code.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Experience in frontend frameworks and libraries (e.g. React, Redux).
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend applications.
- Passion for user-centric interface design.
- Experience with 3rd party integrations (e.g. Paypal, Zuora, Braintree, Stripe).
- DevOps mindset and experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Linux administration.
- Experience with Django.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – equivalent work experience is acceptable.
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development.
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a multicultural environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends.
- Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and technical domains.
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and proactively.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Great communication skills in English.