Poshmark is looking for a talented and creative Web Applications Engineer. The candidate is expected to create web applications that have a simple user interface and solid code that touches the lives of millions of users. The role will be dynamic and varied, requiring a versatile self-starter willing to dive into multiple initiatives. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to implement code that may run in production, at scale. While having the opportunity to work with a talented team to rapidly roll out changes and measure their impact, while being mentored and guided.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for creating web application features in code.
- Develop a scalable and maintainable server and client code.
- Work with web technologies built on Web, database, and caching technologies.
- Tune the performance for the web application.
- Deep understanding of issues related to scalability and performance of the application.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience software development including at least 1 year in building easy to use and responsive web applications
- Experience in any of the following highly desirable - NodeJs, Vue.Js, React, Angular, Ruby, Rails, jQuery, MongoDB, Bootstrap, NoSQL technologies (i.e. MongoDB), AWS.
- Skills in building server-side web development stack.
- Understanding and designing RESTful web services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over four million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Inventus Capital, SoftTech VC, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Fully sponsored health, dental and vision plans
- A 13” MacBook Air and smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off Policy
- Parental Leave
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events