Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over four million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions.
Our goal is to give you exposure to a range of development techniques and current web applications technologies, through the experience of applying them to the multi-platform social marketplace dynamics. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to implement code that may run in production, at scale. While having the opportunity to work with a talented team to rapidly roll out changes and measure their impact, while being mentored and guided.
What You’ll Do:
Over 10+ weeks the intern can expect to become deeply involved in learning the tech stack, implement new technologies, standards and best practices that may run in production. Poshmark is growing rapidly and we are looking for innovative and passionate people to build and shape the future of our business. We’re nothing without our amazing team of leaders, innovators and dreamers; the people who put all the pieces together to deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
- Develop web product features that delight the Poshmark community.
- Work with the product and design team to understand and iterate on feature requirements.
- Build web development stack, programming and software design skills.
Experience relevant to Poshmark:
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
Things that catch our eye:
- Exposure to HTTP protocol, SSL, and REST API’s.
- Experience with development in a high traffic, highly scaled environment is a plus
- Experience in any of the following highly desirable - NodeJs, Vue.Js, React, Angular, Ruby, Rails, jQuery, MongoDB
- Developed and iOS or Android app
What sets us apart:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- A 13” MacBook Pro
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company parties, and offsite events