Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over four million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions.
The Cloud Operations team at Poshmark fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, large-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You'll use your interest in site operations/DevOps and your experience writing code to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
What You’ll Do:
Over 10+ weeks the Intern will work on a challenging project designed to blend Automation and Operational work. The projects can involve developing automation scripts, plugins and apps to monitor the availability and security of our large scale system as well as assist with application deployments, testing and building new automation systems. You will be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you throughout your internship to make sure you have an incredible Internship experience.
Experience relevant to Poshmark:
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- Familiarity with working in Linux/Unix environments
- Exposure to GIT/SVN
- Ability and passion to learn, research, test new technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
Things that catch our eye:
- Exposure to HTTP protocol, SSL, and REST API’s.
- Familiarity with any Cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with: Tomcat, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
What sets us apart:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- A 13” MacBook Pro
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company parties, and offsite events