Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over four million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions.
Poshmark is seeking a full stack intern who will be responsible for helping build and run a high-traffic and fast-growing site -- the Poshmark community currently creates a new listing every 2 seconds and generates millions of likes, comments, and shares every single day. Help us push the limits of cloud-based technologies to accelerate our explosive growth.
What You’ll Do:
Over 10+ weeks as an intern, you can expect to become deeply involved in designing and building features on Poshmark’s social, e-commerce platform to help the growing community of shoppers and seller stylists and to expand the community. You will experience a highly iterative and data-oriented approach to software development, as well as get to interface with members across the organization to learn the complete life-cycle of feature development from ideation to execution.
Experience relevant to Poshmark:
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- Exposure to HTTP protocol, SSL, and REST API’s.
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems.
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
Things that catch our eye:
- Experience with development in a high traffic, highly scaled environment is a plus
- Exposure to ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Linux
- Experience with NoSQL data solutions is a plus
- User-oriented focus and passion for quality
What sets us apart:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- A 15” MacBook Pro
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company parties, and offsite events