We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to be responsible for effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of our systems hardware and software and overall infrastructure. This individual will play a key role and is embedded within teams to focus on the operational aspects of our services. You will be obsessive about maintaining robust, high-performance web systems at scale. This person will be responsible for designing fault-tolerant mechanisms for keeping distributed systems healthy and developing proactive monitoring back to DevOps and the development teams. Some technical concerns are availability, throughput, latency, media fidelity as well as real-time performance considerations. Our DevOps engineers are focused on performance and manageability concerns of these services.
Do you believe that automation is the only way to scale out a service? Do you strive to get that extra 9 of availability? Join us, the Poshmark Cloud Platform team, in pushing the limits of cloud-based technologies to power our explosive growth! As we continue to experience a dramatic increase in the usage of our product, help us scale our infrastructure to handle massive growth in traffic, membership, and data.
- Enable rapid development through robust Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Script / automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability
- Ensure the highest availability of the platform and its core services
- Manage configuration deployment, backup and (OS) updates
- Debug incidents, escalate and follow through until resolution has been achieved
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
- Partner with other teams to share tools, expertise, and create effective solutions
- Assist with building the DevOps team
- Develop and institute monitoring policies as well as intrusion detection systems
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions
- 4+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role is required, ideally in a startup or fast growing company.
- Battle-proven, real-life experience in running a large scale production operation.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Excellent knowledge of Unix
- Proficiency with NoSQL systems, preferably MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience running search indexes (Lucene, ElasticSearch) at scale
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering unix systems, dealing with networking issues, setting up databases, and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems
- Strong scripting/Automating skills using any of the following languages: python, ruby etc.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, configuration management with Chef or Puppet, systems monitoring and alerting with tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Graphite.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent.
AWS * MongoDB * JRuby * ElasticSearch * RabbitMQ * iOS * Android * Rails * Java * Linux
This position is a full time role located in Redwood City, CA. Poshmark will not sponsor work-related visa for this role.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that invests in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision plans
- Amazing IT setup and smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off Policy
- Parental Leave
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re into)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and off-site events