Plated is a food technology company delivering chef-designed, personalized dinners while also providing a seamless digital experience across multiple platforms. We’re searching for a Software Engineer to join our Culinary Tools team to help us create a digital experience for our chefs that rivals our customer-facing product. These tools will enable our Culinary team to interact with and perfect each recipe throughout every stage of its lifecycle all the way from planning to fulfillment, ultimately raising the bar on what our customers’ dinner experiences can be.
What you’ll do with us:
- Actively develop and support new and existing features within our culinary tools
- Help innovate around our brand-new front end architecture and advocate for the tools you want to use
- Work hand-in-hand with members of the culinary team to better understand how we map a physical process to a technological one
- Further drive automation and resiliency of the application’s testing and deployment processes
- Promote industry best practices and bring forth innovative ideas and concepts that can positively benefit the platform
- Translate product requirements and asks from Product Managers and Designers into tangible engineering work while ensuring the needs of the customer are always met
- Contribute to working groups within the engineering guild such as culture and recruitment
What you bring to the table:
- At least 2 years of full stack web development experience is required
- Experience with modern front-end architecture
- Experience working collaboratively with a team using tools such as GitHub, Slack, and Heroku to get work done
- Testing experience, including unit testing, integration testing, and continuous integration
- Any experience in mentoring (or the desire to) other, more inexperienced, engineers in order to share knowledge and improve the capabilities of the team as a whole
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities