Plated offers chef-designed recipes and high-quality ingredients for meals worth making, and delivers experiences worth sharing with friends and family. We’re driven by a passion for providing the best possible experience to our customers, across all of our digital platforms. Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the meal experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Plated’s is searching for an iOS Engineer to elevate our native iOS application to be best in class on the App Store. As an iOS Engineer on the Native Mobile team, you will be instrumental in launching new features on the iOS platform, championing industry best practices in order to create a scalable and performant application, helping to drive product decisions while also being a mentor to all other engineers in the guild.
What you’ll do with us:
- Actively develop and support new and existing features on our flagship iOS application
- Take full opportunity of Plated’s expansion into the physical retail space and how native applications play a pivotal role in it
- Continue building upon our excellent relationship with Apple and innovating our application to be on the cutting edge of what iPhone users expect to do on their devices
- Further drive automation and resiliency of the application’s testing and deployment processes
- Promote industry best practices and bring forth innovative ideas and concepts that can positively benefit the platform
- Translate product requirements and asks from Product Managers and Designers into tangible engineering work while ensuring the needs of the customer are always met
What you bring to the table:
- At least 2 years of professional iOS application experience is required - we need you to hit the ground running and be the expert. Our application is completely written in Swift but we’re also happy to convert any remaining Objective-C holdouts.
- An astute grasp of UIKit fundamentals and how they translate to Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines as well as how to apply them to a premium brand
- Experience creating hermetic components that ensure your app remains easily unit testable and production ready
- A great understanding of web based APIs and how to interface with them effectively and efficiently from a mobile client - bonus points if you’ve built some yourself
- Strong opinions about platform best practices with the understanding of translating them to the business’ needs
- Any experience in mentoring (or the desire to) other, more inexperienced, engineers in order to share knowledge and improve the capabilities of the team as a whole
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.