As a Senior Data Analyst you will be technical lead for a small team of skilled analysts (within the wider OVO community) on business critical projects.. The initial focus will be on growing our portfolio analytics capability to improve our interpretation of industry settlement data, understand our settlement position and identify opportunities to improve settlement performance. Settlement is the process of turning customer reads into correct industry consumption. Due to the large amount of data, automated processing and decision making, using simple rules and classical statistics, or ML as appropriate is required to ensure the data is valid.
With skills spanning data science, data analysis and data engineering, you will be comfortable architecting multi-technology solutions which ultimately provide right-time reporting to stakeholders spanning all levels of the business and be comfortable leading a small team to deliver against this plan.
You’ll enjoy using the best of breed technologies to serve insight and drive action in a company with a modern and appropriate data strategy - utilising cloud platform technologies for data storage and retrieval and creating self service dashboards for senior stakeholders.
At OVO you will work with the brightest minds in an energetic, collaborative and agile work environment. Your supportive team will quickly get you up to speed in the business detail and the energy domain.
What will I be doing?
- Opportunity to lead a small team of analysts focused on a specific key operational problem - owning and advising on key deliverables, strategy and prioritisation.
- Summarise key findings, presenting insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Set an inspiring example as a Senior Data Analyst, delivering actionable insights into both customer experience and business performance - generating insights that support operational efficiency and business optimisation.
- Answer business questions that require significant thought and problem solving skills. Solve open-ended questions with data and identify new opportunities for improvement.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders to create action and processes to deliver significant business value from the insight you’ve created.
- Share technical knowledge and skills with a wider team of analysts in other teams (e.g. Data Engineering, Data Science, Product & Tech, Finance and Regulation & Compliance) to collaborate and leverage cross functional expertise.
- Champion the value of analysis and advise on appropriate use and management of data.
Do I have what it takes?
Essential skills and experience:
- 2+ years in a similar data, insights or analytical role
- Programming experience in Python or similar, Python preferred.
- A broad numerical & analytical background with experience in complex statistical techniques/problems
- Experience in complex data visualization. Experience in Tableau a plus.
- You will be experienced in core BI technologies with excellent SQL skills and evidence that you have mastered new and emerging technologies
- Able to document your work so others can pick it up and build on it
- Experience in delivering high quality data analysis, translating into true commercial impact within a business
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - able to articulate results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders
Ideally you will have…
- Degree educated in a numeric, scientific or engineering discipline
- Experience developing collaboratively with Git a plus
- Experience in cloud data services, Google Cloud Platform (especially BigQuery), AWS, Azure etc
- Experience working in UK energy
- Experience working in an agile workplace
- Experience managing or mentoring other analysts