We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a number of in-house systems as well as a number of well-known third-party and open-source applications.
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving our infrastructure monitoring and automation systems. You will be interacting with the OpenX TechOps as well as all of OpenX engineering. To be successful this person will need excellent communication skills in order to successfully interact with the rest of OpenX Engineering.
Developing and supporting our infrastructure presents many interesting technical challenges. We especially desire candidates with a passion for open-source software and an interest in the latest system architecture and monitoring trends. For example: Docker, Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch.
- Scale and maintain our existing infrastructure provisioning and monitoring systems
- Work with SRE teams and developers to troubleshoot issues related to Linux systems imaging and package management
- Help develop the new Platform-as-a-Service system
- Work with engineering team to execute our migration plan from on-prem to the cloud
- Minimum 5 years of solid development experience, with 3 years in DevOps
- Practical experience with cloud providers such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Programing experience in Perl or Python. Most of the code is currently in Modern Perl (Moose, Catalyst, DBIC)
- Solid knowledge of the Unix/Linux command-line and architecture
- Strong knowledge of core protocols and tech such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, key-value and relational databases.
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible is a big plus. We currently use Salt.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with very bright, experienced engineers
- Familiarity with TDD and CI/CD. Practical experience with them is even better.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and hectic work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation
- BS degree in Computer Science or other related fields
- Experience with Erlang
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement
- Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture trends
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!