At ODX, we’re focused on helping banks reinvent the small business lending process. We provide a unique combination of market-leading software, analytic insights, and professional services to deliver a game changing digital experience. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), one of the largest online small business lenders, ODX draws on the heritage of $10 billion loaned over the last decade. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
An ODX-powered bank experience allows customers to apply digitally, receive immediate decisions, and obtain funding as fast as same day. At the core of the ODX solution is a modular, scalable, and secure SaaS platform that enables banks to create a fully end-to-end digital experience or to select certain components. By utilizing the ODX platform, banks can focus on their desired business outcomes such as improved customer experiences, increased portfolio growth, and reduced processing costs.
Technology at ODX is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and their customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service small business customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to contribute to the configuration and development of our platform automation.
As a DevOps Engineer at ODX, you will:
- Enable Development and Operations to build and deploy our applications from code to development and production environments
- Bring new automation technologies to bear and improve the quality of engineering efforts
- Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools and processes
- Build tools for internal use to support production engineering practices
- Ensure visibility into application viability and performance via monitoring, thresholding and alerting
- Create and maintain development, QA and production environments for ODX’s applications
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 2+ years experience with DevOps tools and/or release engineering experience
- 6+ years of general industry experience
- Deep experience with Linux system administration
- Familiarity with "infrastructure as code" best practices using tools like Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and CloudFormation
- Solid understanding/experience with web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures - able to perform CRUD operations across a number of different datasources
- Experience deploying and maintaining JVM-based systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools
- Strong scripting skills in Python or Bash
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud computing best practices
- Experience with containers and serverless architectures
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- AWS certification in Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, or Developer
- Experience administering NGINX reverse proxy or app server.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as NewRelic, CloudWatch, Prometheus, or Zabbix
- Knowledge of delivery technologies, Load Balancers, DNS, CDNs, WAFs
- Experience debugging in and profiling of application stacks
- Artifact management systems
- Familiarity with git, including versioning, branching, and merging
- Java development experience
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**