Be part of something bigger
The NewStore Mobile Retail Platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Hybris, Oracle ATG, and Magento. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen.
Founded by Stephan Schambach, creator of Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud), NewStore boosts conversion, promotes engagement, unifies online and offline, and modernizes fulfillment. NewStore is headquartered in Boston. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
Follow your passion
As a Technical Support Engineer in our Field Service Team you will be responsible for handling inbound technical support requests from customers via chat, email and phone, and monitoring backend business processes to proactively inform NewStore customers regarding potential order or platform issues.
In addition to answering customer inquiries, concerns and questions, you will be working in a versatile, dynamic work environment closely with the internal teams, including Engineering, Documentation, Customer Success, Sales and Marketing. Together with the project teams of our solution partners you will help to build a stable and scalable software that fulfils the needs of our clients. You will be considered an expert on how to leverage NewStore core functionality and how to implement customisations if needed.
The position reports to the Technical Support Manager.
- Provide outstanding customer service to NewStore customers by providing clear communication, timely response, and proactive solution suggestions
- Research customer issues and articulate technical issues concisely to the Engineering teams in case of escalation
- Manage multiple concurrent customer inquiries and be able to prioritize according to severity and urgency
- Educate customers on the technical capabilities of the platform to help them make the most of their NewStore installation
- Write knowledge base articles to enable customer self-help
- Learn about product updates and new technologies
What we need from you:
- 3+ years experience in professional software development and/or customer support
- Strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience in reviewing logs in various programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge of microservices and understanding of API protocols
- Problem-solving mind with the ability to troubleshoot user issues and technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in a Computer Science, Engineering or comparable
Special things we would like to see:
- Experience with Order Management & Fulfillment business processes
- Knowledge about the integration of CRM, ERP and financial systems
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud and JIRA
- Experience with ELK stack (Kibana, Grafana)
- Working with SQL (PostgreSQL)
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401(k)
- Personal development budget
- Travel to other offices
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy