NerdWallet Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) work on our cross-functional Product teams to ensure successful, high quality product releases. We are looking for energetic, highly motivated, and detail-oriented engineer with strong mobile and api QA skills to fill this role.
As a SDET, you will drive consumer outcomes by iterating closely with engineers across the business to ensure a high-quality user experience for NerdWallet products. You will triage software defects, evaluate the quality of product features with manual and automated testing, and debug problems.
The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a very fast paced environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes.
SDETs are creative engineers who like the challenge of working on multiple projects and quickly understand the goals of the project in order to ensure proper testing and validation that is required in development process.
- Consumer focused: you are passionate about native applications that improve the lives of millions of users and building delightful user experiences
- Communicative and collaborative: you are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, user researchers and customer groups to build product features and high quality products
- High-energy, company-first, and positive: must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask and work on several deadlines at once
Where you can make an impact:
- Be responsible for the quality and testing of NerdWallet applications (API, iOS, and Android)
- Work directly with Product Managers and Developers in an Agile environment to develop end-to-end tests that model real-world usage
- Work cross-functionally with teams to provide quick, real-time feedback of issues and their resolution
- Clearly communicate newly found issues and see them through to resolution and closure
- Own testing of new features for iOS, and Android apps
- Help to build a world class automation infrastructure for mobile automation
- Perform manual testing during releases
- Perform exploratory testing to find edge case bugs
- Own the overall quality of the product and communicate quality through metrics
- Support other types of quality targets such as code coverage and performance testing
- Improve QA efficiency using new tools and processes
- Debug, triage test failures, and review log files
- 4+ years of experience in a quality engineering role
- Proven track record of testing & shipping quality mobile iOS or Android applications
- Experience with writing automated tests for a mobile product using frameworks like Appium and leveraging simulators for testing mobile applications a PLUS
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and SDLC process
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of JSON, XML, REST / SOAP protocols and other windows development tools
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.