Mesosphere's SDK team is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated software tech lead to work on the DC/OS SDK product that enables service teams to build and run their distributed services on-premise in both data centers and cloud as a single computer with one-click deploy. The SDK enables service teams to build, maintain and operate the services through simple APIs, automated packaging and testing infrastructure and have an enhanced and seamless DevOps experience by capitalizing the intelligent, autonomous and stateful service launch, upgrade, monitoring and replace infrastructure.
This team is dedicated to build and own the libraries, configuration template and APIs which enable service teams in building the service to deploy and operate the stateful data intensive applications into the Mesos orchestration platform managed by DC/OS cluster. The team also enables service teams to leverage the integration work with the networking, storage, service discovery modules of the DC/OS ecosystem to provide the ability to customize the networking, storage and discovery options and enabling applications components to run in high availability and fault tolerance mode.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in big data, datacenter and distributed computing space. As a tech lead, you are accountable for designing and architecting next generation SDK platform.
- Design and implement new Mesos frameworks.
- Dive deep into building blocks of DC/OS networking, storage, resource management and containers runtime environment.
- Dive deep into Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, HDFS, K8s and others to build infrastructure for running data services, analytics and orchestration engine on DC/OS platform.
- Design and implement components - e.g. security/TLS for frameworks.
- Build tools to collect metrics, monitor, identify and fix scale limitations.
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience with OOP, and infrastructure design/coding skills
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in Java Or C++ OR C# development/debugging and multithreaded programming
- Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Experience in Distributed Computing, Devops and Infrastructure Design/Coding skills
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large-scale stateful distributed systems
- Experience in Container Runtime Environment
Mesosphere provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members and is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency and automation with Apache Mesos. Mesosphere’s open source product, the datacenter operating system (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.