Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the lookout for a passionate full-time Software Developer (Back-End) to join our Amsterdam-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to work on Lightspeed’s eCommerce component, helping over 12 000 shops around the world grow their online business.
After starting your day with great coffee, you and your team will discuss your day to day activities. Then you will settle in to deploy multiple times a day while checking the logs for any discrepancies. Finally, you will celebrate your success with your team in our lively and social canal office on Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam.
You will be working with a modern code base in an environment that is open to change. This will give you many opportunities to put yourself forward for exciting and challenging projects where you can showcase your strong technical skills. Working with your team, you will be a vital part of this at every step. Finally, as part of a full-stack team, you will be working with talented developers from different countries and will have the opportunity to learn and grow at Lightspeed.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and newly acquired eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: you believe that continuous integration, deploying your code multiple times a day to production is how modern code should be produced, you are not scared of taking full ownership of the solution you have built including testing and verifying your code in production, and you enjoy celebrating success with your team. If you recognize yourself in this description, we think we should talk!
- Develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- Work as part of a full-stack team to deliver product features and functionalities to improve our eCommerce product
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates in a large SaaS environment
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- 3+ years experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software (preferably in a scalable SaaS setting)
- Strong experience with object oriented languages (primarily PHP, and Java, Python or Ruby), knowing Design Patterns and identifying Single Responsibility
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Proven experience with MySQL
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience with Git/Github
- Fluency in English
- E-commerce and SaaS experience
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience consuming and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Fluency in Dutch
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Ability to work with highly skilled people and grow within the global Lightspeed Development team
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Possibility to work with state of the art technologies
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!