Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data and fintech, and we are looking for a DevOps Engineer Intern in the summer of 2019 (June 3 – August 2) to join the Kabbage team as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are expanding. We've received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work, "36th fastest growing company in the US" on the INC 500 List, Fast Company's "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America's Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Participate in creating, developing & managing the deployment architecture for applications and platforms at Kabbage.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for in you:
- Organized: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities.
- Analytical: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Works well with a range of people from across the business.
What you should have:
- Eligibility: Juniors and Seniors in undergraduate programs, graduate students, and postgraduate students are welcome to apply.
- Pursuing a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study.
- Familiar with at least one programming or scripting language (Bash, Powershell, Python, Perl, Ruby).
- Understanding of Linux and Windows.
- Any experience with a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Basic understanding of general networking concepts.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, cold-brewed coffee and beer on tap. We offer onsite fitness and meditation classes, adjustable sit/stand desks, and top-of-the-line hardware—to name a few more.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.