With over 2 million websites using our web player, we know a thing or two about making video easy for developers to work with. Our mobile SDKs aim to provide those same world-class video tools to native app developers building Android and iOS applications. We’re not looking to make the next cool app -- we’re looking to enable the next thousand cool apps (and beyond) to build engaging video experiences.
Our Video Player team is looking for an accomplished software engineer with commercial experience creating and shipping native iOS and Android applications. You will use your skills to enhance our JW Player Mobile SDKs, which enables developers to easily build video and audio playback functionality into native mobile applications.
In this role you will:
- Create innovative, flexible media APIs for developers using the latest technologies, including Android Lollipop, iOS 12, System WebView, Chromecast, HTML5, VAST advertising, Google IMA, MPEG-DASH, HLS, WebM and more.
- Build and maintain JW Player SDK for Android and iOS deliverables (demo applications, API documentation, etc.)
- Prototype new ideas and explore innovative new features in the SDK
- Interact with our growing community of Android and iOS developers
- Work on a cross-functional team to define business requirements and set product direction
- Work as part of a Agile scrum team that is local and offshore
- Lead and mentor mobile engineers, overseeing their work
- 7+ years software engineering
- 2+ years Android app or SDK development experience
- 2+ years iOS app or SDK development experience
- Experience working in a team of agile, collaborative, and resourceful engineers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, Gradle, etc.
- Mobile video experience (Android MediaPlayer, ffmpeg, liba iOS media services)
- Contributions to open-source media projects
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.